In celebration of this 4th of July, we wanted to give you a run for your money with a quick alternative to the American Flag trend that has recently exploded within the fashion community. This cheeky short will have you flaunting your American support in style. Happy 4th of July!
-A pair of your favorite shorts
-1/4 yard of fabric for each color way (red, white, & blue)
-No-Sew fabric glue
-A pen or outlining chalk
1. Begin with a short of your choice. (We recommend a destroyed Levi’s as seen in this DIY)
2. Measure the pocket of your short and begin to outline the required measurements on the red fabric.
3. Cut the outline of your pocket with your fabric scissors.
4. Use the red pocket as a tracing tool against the blue fabric for your second pocket. Repeat step 3 for your blue pocket.
5. With the no-sew fabric glue, outline the pocket on your short with glue and align the pocket of fabric onto the denim pocket of your short. Press down into place.
*NOTE: If you’re extra savvy on the sewing machine, feel free to use this method in replace of the no-sew fabric glue.
6. Trace three 1.5″ stars onto the white fabric and cut them out with your fabric scissors.
7. Align them onto your blue pocket. Outline the stars in no-sew fabric glue and seal into place.
8. Allow an hour for the fabric glue to dry before wear. Enjoy!